Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas

I love Christmas I really do, I love everything it means, the savior, family, delicious goodies, snow, santa, gingerbread houses, trees, colored lights, and everything else! However this year I lacked the excited feeling that usually comes with this time of year. It just didn't feel right, perhaps I lost sight of what Christmas is really about, or the fact that working in retail entitles you to Christmas in September, and listening to grouchy customers complain about this or that, I though this was suppose to be the happiest time of year? or maybe it was that I was going to be the only one home this year, no brothers or sisters to share in the excitement, whatever it be I was seriously lacking spirit. On Christmas eve me and my bahumbug spirit went to work to help all the last minute shoppers, then after work my parents picked me up and we went to the Christmas eve service at the Methodist church, a cool experience, we sang songs by candlelight and watched a nativity performed by little kids, and then went home ate some food and watched movies. Christmas morning we slept in until 9ish and opened up presents, I got some good loot, new scriptures, clothes, a food chopper, and some reusable shopping bags, Thanks Santa, mom, dad, and Olivia! The day was pretty low key and relaxing, two of my sisters stopped by, we ate delicious food, slept and watched The Grinch and The Nativity Story which was fantastic as usual! I am so so grateful for what this season means and the spirit that it brings, and hopefully I can be more into the spirit of it all! But still it was an amazing day a great way to celebrate the birth of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment