Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Black and White Affair









You know those nerdy people that you always make fun of for being early to a social event. Well the time has come, I am now officially one of those people. For the first time I was the first one on the scene. It was an honest mistake. The new semester has started. I am trying to adjust to the change, but for some reason I am finding it hard. Classes that I am now currently enrolled in are: Social Problems, Child Development, Understanding DNA, Transitions in Art and Culture, Career Exploration, and Book of Mormon. 15 credits with a whole lot of homework. But I like it. I was once again blessed with wonderful roommates, and really good friends. Well to kick of such an event as a new semester, my roommates and I attended the back to school dance. Two rules - Keep it clean and dress up in something black or white. Simple. So we got all dressed up. I spent way to much time getting ready, and in the end it was all for nothing. There seems to be a trend here on campus that all the cute boys are already taken. Tragic I know. We had it in our minds that the dance started at 7:00, so we figured, let's go at 7:30 and then more people will be there. How very wrong we were. It started at 8. Wo is me! We walked into a completely empty gym. We did however adjust to the awkwardness well, the 5 of us walked to the middle of the court, sat down and played Down by the banks (one of those legitimately cool hand games we did as children). Yes we looked really awesome, we have a lot of friends. Well its safe to say that once people did actually show up, it was fun. Success. I think yes.


Peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment