Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Things You Learn

I have been humbled. Lately it seems I have been complaining about anything and everthing. A few examples: Why does everything have to be so hard? My homework seems to be piling up and I just can't get caught up OR we have nothing "good" to eat, even though our pantry is full of food, its just not what I want OR I wish I had cuter clothes, Ive had these since high school (can you believe it a whole year) or I don't want to work out tonight I am so tired. I think its safe to say that I needed a wake up call. In Social Problems our professor gave us a statistic that every 3 seconds someone starves to death, our homework (it was optional) for that night was to go buy a candy bar, and see how many people died as we ate the $0.75 candy bar. 15. Thats how many people starved to death while I ate a bar of chocolate. My eyes have been opened in so many ways, in every class it seems we talk about what is happening in third world countries, and it amazes me that I still have the need to complain about my life. I have an awesome family, friends I wouldn't trade anything for, I have never gone hungry, I've lived in a house my whole life, I've always had clothes, I have arms and legs, I have the opportunity to attend college, and I belong to the True Church. Life is SOO good. Everyday I have to remind myself where my blessings come from, and remember to thank him, that I am alive and healthy. Yes. I have been humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment