Friday, June 18, 2010

Its a Relay Rally

It's spirit week here on campus, which means there have been activities all week long. This story starts on Tuesday. It was the 50 lap Relay Rally. I know I know. 50 laps is a lot. But have no fear I only had to run 1 -400 meter lap. It was a ward event in which about 30 of us from the 87th ward particpated and made up one of many teams that competed. The race is self explanatory, 50 laps around the track, the only rules were that it went boy girl boy girl, everyother lap. I figured hey I ran the 400 in high school. I can do this. It is one lap, and I have this in the bag. It was my turn to run (number 11), I grabbed the baton and started running just like my coach taught me in high school. Anyone who has run the 400 meter sprint knows that it, in not so many words, SUCKS, its a full out sprint for about 60 seconds. It BURNS. About three-fourths into the lap all I could think about was finishing, I am SOOOO out of shape, its rather ridiculous. I passed off the baton and went to get the lactic acid burning out of my booty and stretch my legs. I was done. Once I got my breath back I was free to cheer for the rest of my ward. And on the 5oth lap I ran with my team across the finish line. It was a great feeling. Such a great experience. We stayed after taking pictures, laughing, talking and dancing to the music. I can honestly say that all in all, the day was a success.

Like I said. It Burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment