Monday, May 2, 2011

Struggle

I have embarked on my last semester at BYU-Idaho, hopefully. I have no idea where I am going after I graduate but I feel like I need to move on. Maybe Ill be at BYU, U of U, serving a mission, or in some third-world country volunteering in a orphanage. My path is unclear and while at times it scares me that I don't know what's coming, I find peace in knowing I have the potential to do anything. Secretly I am scared about this semester, scared I won't be able to understand my classes, scared that I'll want to change my major..again, scared that I will lose sight of what is really important, scared I won't find what I am looking for. In order to graduate I needed 20 more credits, so in order to save time and money I just decided to take them all in one semester. Bad idea? Yup. I feel so overwhelmed, it is the third week of school and already I have a million things to do, I feel like I just can't break the surface. To add to my school work, I joined student ambassador council which takes up 15 very precious hours, plus I am involved in the Neuroscience Acedemic Society (NAS) which is required for my BIO 240 class. I called my mom and broke down in tears, she tried to help me as I told her I was tired of school and I just wanted to be done. Dropping out felt like a good idea. After I hung up the phone, I dropped to my knees and cried really really hard and asked for help and a lot of it. I felt so alone, confused and lost and my dreams felt so far away. Still crying I crawled into bed, and after laying there for a few minutes I felt a blanket of peace, calm and love wash over me. I still have questions, I still get frustrated, and am stressed 96.47% of the time but I know that I can do this, I woke up the next day telling myself that I was going to take the day on and it was going to be a success, why? Because I said so. It is all part of the struggle, falling down and getting back up, all that matters is that we are standing in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment