Thursday, June 30, 2011

Little Gifts

I like to think that I am strong. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and well I am working on spiritually. I like to think that I can withstand huge amounts of pressure and not even crack. I can pretend I am fine when I am not, I can pretend everything is okay when really there is a huge cloud blocking my sunshine. I am okay with pretending to be happy when really I feel like crying, however even the infamous Achilles had his breaking point. Mine just happened to be a little farther north than my heel. Lately I have been having a lot of bad days. I just cannot seem to get a grip on life. It's like everytime I progress a little I also go 3 steps backwards. Unfortunately there comes a day when one to many cherries are put on the sundae, my "heel" was hit. I went into a test feeling fairly confident, however coming out and seeing my score was a completely different story. My score was far below what it needed to be in order to raise my grade. Without even knowing what was going on I felt tears pouring down my face I put on my hood, and walked to council, I had myself mostly under control when I walked into the office, and my voice only cracked a little as I shared my good moment of the day. I made it half way through the prayer before the tears started to fall again. I kept my head down and waited for them to dry. Someone addressed a question to me, so naturally I looked up and answered, I saw the same look of worry on every face. My council knows my personality well enough to know that when I cry something is wrong. It is not something that happens often in public. They kept there cool, only Heather approached me after to ask what was up, I told her it had just been one of those days. Everyone else on my council simply gave me a hug. I went about my day, worked on homework, and went and played games with some of my friends, all in all I wast starting to feel better. I came home and found a boquet of flowers and a note that says "we love you Chelsey" I have no idea who it was, nor do I want to know. Little acts of love, that go really far. It made my day a little brighter. I love Rexburg. I love the people that I get the opportunity to work with everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment