Thursday, June 30, 2011

New People

"I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn" this is a phrase that I constantly think to myself, or sometimes I will even voice it outloud. It is something I have struggled with, not so much the whole thing about people coming into our lives with purpose, but more so finding the reason they are there. This year has been a year where I have had hundreds of people come into my life. Some are more like aquaintances with little dim lights of influence on my life, these are the people I met in the halls, or talked to on the side of the road, or the new students I helped during get connected. Then there are the ones who I have learned maybe one or two lessons from, perhaps they said something interesting that really made me think, their lights are brighter and a little stronger, they are my fellow classmates, or perhaps kids in my ward or FHE group. This brings me to the last group, the people that have changed or influenced the way live and view my life. This group consists of my get connected family, council, roommates, and those I consider my best friends. Their influence are the ones that burn the brightest. I sometimes wonder what I am suppose to learn from people, like every person I meet is brought to teach me some magnificent lesson. Not until recently did I realize that even the smallest lessons, can still be lessons learned. There are people who have made huge impacts on my life this year, some have come and left, some I have known previously, and some still are impacting my life everyday. I still don't know why some people have come into my life. I just know that they have and there is a reason, even if I can't see it, He can.





Just some people that I love.

1 comment: