Thursday, October 13, 2011

Temple to Temple 2011

37.5 miles. 8 Runners. How amazing is it that we have two temples close enough that we can run from one to the other? This year I ran on a coed team. 4 boys and 4 girls. I started the race this year, running a distance of 2.8 miles. I know, I know. I really pushed myself on that one. It was nice to get it out of the way, and be able to cheer on the rest of my teammates without worrrying about my upcoming leg of the race. It was a day full of loud music, cheering, food, heat and fun. Sometimes it amazes me how we work up to something for so long and then it's over. Just like that. It becomes part of our history, something we'll tell the kids about one day. I think my team was amazing, I like them all very much. We placed 17th overall and 11th in our division. I think we were nothing less than champions. I mean really, its us, what else do you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment