Monday, August 2, 2010

Always the Bridesmaid Never the Bride







Does dressing up in your sisters' wedding colors make you a bridesmaid? Well if not then I have only been an actual bridesmaid twice! So really I haven't missed out on being a bride. Yet. This last weekend, one of my roommates from school got married in the Rexburg, ID temple, and she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! I said yes! I mean I was the one that kind of made this little magical love happen! Without a me there would be no them! One of the duties of the maids of the bride was to plan the Bachelorette party, in this case the most epic bridal shower you will ever witness! So a week before the big day, about eight of us went up to a tiny cabin near Heise Hot Springs and stayed the night! We opened presents, talked, ate food, and went swimming, it was a success! I think all of the girls had a blast, and Kale got some greatly scandalous things! Which might I add it was quite the experience to shop for some of those things! It was a great last hurrah! Friday was the big day so I came home early from the camping trip, got ready, and headed to the temple to wait for the new couple! It was hot! But it was a great day for a wedding! Apparently a lot of other people did too, there were at least seven other brides in just the hour we were there! Gotta love the Burg! and I do! She looked beautiful, the dinner and reception went great, and they lived happily ever after! Well they made it through the weekend at least!

1 comment:

  1. You are gorgeous! I loved the pictures. Thanks! I wish I could've been there with you all.

    You're gonna get married before me!

    ReplyDelete