Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Bought a Pair of Dress Pants

..Actually I bought two pairs. Why you ask? Because I am now a working girl. I have never owned nor have I ever wanted to own dress pants. They just don't really fit me right and are not the bottoms I would chose to wear on a daily basis. Well I got a job a Fred Meyer working in apparel, and we are required to dress somewhat professional so we can make a good impression. So I went shopping with my mom and sister to pick out some clothes that would be suitable. My wardrobe seems to be lacking all things business. After I purchased them I went home and tried them on for my mother, and I felt so grown up, it was weird how a little thing like that can make you feel so much more mature. I still don't like them-that's not what I am saying but I do like the way they make me feel. Awe look at me. So grown up and wearing dress pants. ha.
I have to go to many hours of training and today was just the first six hours. So much to learn. I sat in a room with one other person and signed paper after paper. It was crazy, but well it feels good to actually be doing something. I even got my own name tag that is engraved (don't be jealous), a box cutter, and an apron, plus the job comes with all sorts of benefits, discounts, and rewards. It really will be a great job and I am excited for what it is going to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment