Friday, July 1, 2011

8 older blessings

I have a big family. And I love it. I am the youngest of 8 kids. Some of the time I hate it, being the youngest, I have had to deal with my siblings teasing and joking, and listen to them complain about how I get everything I want, they think I was sooo spoiled. That had nothing to do with where I came in the family guys, I was just the favorite. Just kidding! Even though I hated being teased, I loved them a lot. I watched them all graduate, go to college, go on missions and get on with their own lives, while I was stuck at home, just me and the parentals. I don't know if you guys know how much I love and look up to you. I know sometimes I am not the greatest little sister, and that I am overly dramatic sometimes but you guys still stuck with me. Amy is my oldest living sister. She being the oldest was always the responsible one, she was my basketball coach, and has always been there for me, and has given me support in every part of my life. Matt comes next, he is the oldest boy. Matt was the one who baptised me, he was about to leave on his mission when I turned 8, so in a way I was his first convert. I have always looked up to him. After Matt is Becky, she runs fast. It was her that made me want to get involved in track, and I am grateful for the times she let me visit her at college, and then when she moved far away. She has always been the person I wanted to be when I grow up. That brings us to Brittany, the middle child, I wish I was dedicated to my schooling like she was, she is the one that encourages me to keep going and do great things with my education. Jenny is next, we didn't always get along, we fought often, but now that we are older, we have become very close, I love that she chose to live her own life, I wish she could see she has the potential to do so many things, I think she is so beautiful, and I like that I have a personal hair stylist. Jason is the youngest boy, the one next to me in age. He always pushed me to do sports, and I am so grateful for that. We definitely have our differences and don't always see eye to eye, but I am sure glad he is there to protect me if I ever need it. Now if you counted that is only 6 siblings, the seventh, my oldest sister Heather died a year after she was born. I never met her in this life but, because of the father's plan I know she is there, and I will see her again. She is special to me. While I love all of my other siblings so very much they have continued on with their lives, and have kids, and they cannot be there for me every second of my life, Heather is the one that can. She knows what is going on in my life, she sees daily the person I am becoming. Thinking of her has kept me from making some decisions in my life that would have taken me down the road I had no desire to be on, anytime I thought I could get away with something, I thought twice because I knew she was watching. I owe her a lot, I feel her love everyday, especially when I have my bad days, I love her so much and I am so very excited to meet her again, so I can give her a HUGE hug. My eighth blessing is that of my Eldest brother and friend, Jesus Christ. We have had our differences this semester, however through these differences I have come to love and trust in his guidance so much more. He knows me so well, he has cried and laughed with me on many occasions, and I will be forever grateful for his sacrifice, his is also a hug that I look forward to. I love my older blessings in my life, they are truly wonderful. I am grateful that I get to be with them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment