Saturday, July 30, 2011

Temple splurge

4 temples, 2 days. Great experience. I am flying out to Ohio from Salt Lake, so that required that my mom (or someother person) drive me down. However she was willing to take the job. She decided to take off a few days early and drive down and attend some of the Temples along the way. Seeing how I am not endowed and didn't feel like waiting in the car for two hours I went and did baptisms. On Thursday we hit Salt Lake. Oh my. It was immaculate. I only saw a small portion but I was in awe. The work of the baptistry is simple amazing. Then we hit Draper. It was simple yet absolutely beautiful, it was spacious and open. At both temples I was done before my mom's session was over. So I walked the grounds, read scriptures, thought about life and slept. Peaceful. I had the opportunity to talk to some sister missionaries on Temple Square, yep definitely made me feel that much better about my choice to serve a mission. I sat in the visitor center listening to them share their testimony of the church, and it was the best thing I could have heard at that time. Friday we woke up really early to go to Mount Timpanogos however when we got there walk-ins were no longer accepted to I walked the grounds while my mom did a session. After that we headed to the Jordan River Temple. I was informed while I was in the prayer room that it is the busiest temple in the world. They do more ordinances than any other temple. I believe it. There was a two and a half hour wait, but it really only took about an hour and forty-five minutes. The perfect way to spend 2 hours. They have a organist playing soft hymns and I love to see the temple was one of them. It was nice to be sitting in the chapel listening to that song, for it echoed everything I was thinking. Perfect. Something I discovered while I was there was that I love old people. I watched the cutest thing there, two 90 something year old men helping each other out. It made my heart smile so so big. I wish I could just connect my thoughts to everyone elses so you could see it, but then that would be weird. It was so wonderful. I am making a goal to visit more temples, and count down the days till I walk through the front doors, and see all the temple has to offer. Also I am at the airport waiting for my flight and the internet is uper slow so only a few pictures this time.

1 comment:

  1. You look so great! I can't wait to go to the temple when I get home!!! :) And you're going to serve a mission!!!! ahhh!! :D That's so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete